Re: Fill for // style comments in C

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Fill for // style comments in C
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:32:52 +0900

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:
> It's because `c-fill-paragraph' calls `c-mask-paragraph' the latter
> calls `fill-paragraph' and `fill-paragraph' gets it wrong since it has
> `comment-end' set to " */" instead of nil.  Does the attached workaround
> remove the problem?

I tried this patch, and it does indeed seem to fix the filling problem
-- but it has a serious side-effect:  with this patch applied, the SPC
key (bound to self-insert-command) no longer works!  [There's no error
or anything, but no spaces get inserted when you type SPC.]

-Miles
--
The car has become... an article of dress without which we feel uncertain,
unclad, and incomplete.  [Marshall McLuhan, Understanding Media, 1964]