Re: Fill for // style comments in C

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Fill for // style comments in C
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 00:31:30 +0900

"Herbert Euler" <address@hidden> writes:
> And if what are critical are `comment-start' and `comment-end',
> why not making `command-start' and `comment-end' for c-mode
> the same as c++-mode?

That would cause c-mode to _insert_ new-style comments in certain
situations (i.e., M-;), which is not good, I think -- while it's great
if c-mode always _recognizes_ new-style comments, old-style comments
should still be the default in c-mode for those situations where a
choice must be made.

My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]