Re: w32-enable-(caps|num)-lock vs typematic keyboard

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: w32-enable-(caps|num)-lock vs typematic keyboard
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:59:18 +0100

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On 11/29/06, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

Please provide a recipe to reproduce this.  In a short and naive test,
I couldn't.

Just "M-: (setq w32-enable-caps-lock) ENTER nil ENTER" should work.

But... I cannot reproduce it on my laptop. However, it happens
reliably at work, with a clone PC and a Logitech keyboard.

I just tested to add this to the low level keyboard hook that I use in the patched version. Seems to work better, no flashing of the caps look key.

I suggest that we add this after the release. It would be more in line with MS documentation I believe.