Re: Bug in emacsbug.el

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: Bug in emacsbug.el
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 00:44:00 +0100

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I think this test in `report-emacs-bug' tests the wrong mail address:
>>>
>>>       ;; Insert warnings for novice users.
>>>       (when (string-match "@gnu\\.org^" reporting-address)

>  It is the regexp that is bad I think. It should probably be
> "@gnu\\.org$".

Of course you are right! :-)

> But I noted more strange things in `report-emacs-bug'. There are a lot
> of statements like
>
>     (put-text-property pos (point) 'face 'highlight)
>
> They does not seem to work.

Well, AFAICT, it works but mail-mode does not seem to allow it. If you
call text-mode after (compose-mail), the highlight will be there (for
whatever reason I don't have the time to investigate).

--
/!\ My mail address has changed, please update your files accordingly.
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac     |   Je veut dire que la loi francaise    |