Re: highlight-changes-mode

From: rsharman
Subject: Re: highlight-changes-mode
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 01:37:17 -0500

A few minutes ago I wrote:

 > I added a new keyword :only-new EXPR which allows restricting
 > a change of mode to new only new buffers if EXPR is non-nil.
 > (So the default behaviour, without this keyword, is unchanged.)
 >
 > With this I can remove nearly all the code for the global
 > highlight-changes.
 >
 > Is this acceptable?  Here's the change to easy-mmode.el that
 > implements what I need:

If you folks don't think that this is a generally useful change to
define-global-minor-mode, I think I could do what I need if there was
an optional turn-off function.  Suppose instead of adding :only-new
EXPR the macro was changed to allow an optional :turn-off FUNC
keyword.  Would this be deemed more acceptable?  If this function were
supplied then instead of arbitrarily turning off the mode in all
exsiting buffers, it would call the function to possibly do so.

Richard