Re: Minimum frame size in Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Minimum frame size in Windows
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:22:45 +0100

On 12/12/06, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

Perhaps I don't understand correctly, but if this prevents users or Lisp code
from making frames smaller than the frame title, I am 100% against it.

On Windows, there's a(n overridable) system limit for how small a
window can be. Currently Emacs half-supports it: you can not do a
window arbitrarily small by resizing it, but you can do it as wide as
the system limit, and (I think) as hight as a line in the default
font, which often is less than the window caption (see the attached
image).

That's why I'm trying to avoid.

Do you have an use for Emacs frames less than this size? How do you
avoid the caption?

                   /L/e/k/t/u