Re: fullscreen and gnome

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: fullscreen and gnome
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:32:23 +0100

Patrick Drechsler skrev:
Jan Djärv wrote:
Patrick Drechsler skrev:
Jan Djärv wrote:
It does not, this is all the window manager doing stuff, in fact Emacs just tells the window manager, "make me fullscreen" and then the window manager does what it like.

Fair enough. Is there a proposed way of accomplishing the semi-fullscreen effect I am after?

Does not clicking on the window manager maximize button in the title bar do that?

Yes, of course. I thought that there might be an option which I could pass to Emacs. I'll use the --geometry option instead.

If it is just metacity, I think this will do what you want (at least it does on the version of metacity with FC5):

(progn
  (x-send-client-message nil 0 nil
                         "_NET_WM_STATE"
                         32
                         '(1 "_NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_HORZ"))
  (x-send-client-message nil 0 nil
                         "_NET_WM_STATE"
                         32
                         '(1 "_NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_VERT")))

It can be put in .emacs for example.

Note that other window managers may do something different.

        Jan D.