Re: Mysterious fontification/C++ context issue - Patch for beginning-of-

From: Sean O'Rourke
Subject: Re: Mysterious fontification/C++ context issue - Patch for beginning-of-defun-raw.
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:16:00 -0800

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:
> This binding should take place in CC-mode code; there's no
> reason to expect all beginning-of-defun functions to run with
> beginning-of-defun-function rebound to nil.

I think this is a reasonable expectation: if the custom b-o-d-f
wants to call itself, it can do so directly, and b-o-d-f needs to
be bound to nil at some point anyways to avoid recursion.  It's
probably less error-prone to do it in just one place, rather than
letting each new foo-mode's foo-beginning-of-defun discover this
problem for itself.

/s