Re: convert-standard-filename on w32 does not preserve match-data?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: convert-standard-filename on w32 does not preserve match-data?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 00:13:12 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
Should not the whole body of convert-standard-filename in w32-fns.el be
protected by save-match-data? Does not match-string set match-data?

No, I think instead that code that calls convert-standard-filename shouldn't
expect it to preserve the match-data.
Could you point us to the code that incorrectly expects it to preserve the
match data, or at least to a case where your suggested change fixes a bug?

There is already a call to save-match-data in convert-standard-filename in w32-fns.el. I am just saying that it is in the wrong place.
Useless. And I can't understand why it should not protect match-data?