Re: Documenting gpg-agent

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Documenting gpg-agent
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 18:25:54 +0100

"Ken Manheimer" <address@hidden> writes:

> my allout encryption provisions are badly disrupted with the new pgg
> revision, when gpg-agent is active.

[...]

> i'll look at having allout do transient inhibition of the new
> gpg-agent provisions (eg, let-binding pgg-gpg-use-agent to nil), but
> doubt i'll have time to look at the new pgg code to see about
> whether passed-in passphrases are disregarded.  so barring the
> former workaround, i doubt i'll have time to look at proper
> integration with the new pgg provisions before late january.

I'd like to see Emacs 22 out before we have to update all copyright
notices to 2007.  And I am afraid of a full month certain delay before
the release.  It is bad enough having to fight last-minute changes;
we'd argue ourselves to exhaustion about last-month changes.  "Why, we
still have a full month for testing" is what I expect to hear then.

So personally I'd really be glad if this could be resolved before your
hiatus, leaving one less excuse to further delay.  That does not mean
that other reasons for delay might not crop up, but at least there is
a _chance_ that we'll get this beast out the door at one point of
time.