Re: My tex file became chaos code without any sake when I reopen it.

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Re: My tex file became chaos code without any sake when I reopen it.
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:44:54 +0100

>RS> Emacs as very sophisticated handling for malloc failure,
>RS> because it is very important not to corrupt files in such cases.

>RS> So if it fails in some specific case, please do NOT think of it as
>RS> something inevitable that you should ignore.  It isa bug we need
>RS> to debug and fix.

Last week I had again one of the file mixups, but it appeared that also
files were affected that were outside of Emacs. So now I suspect the file
system instead of Emacs. As Emacs is the most used program on my computer
it is natural that in case of problems files that are under control of
Emacs are affected.

A disk check revealed that there were problems with the file structure on
that partition so I reformatted the thing and populated it with new copies
of the files.

Now I am quite confident that Emacs was not the cause of the problem.
--
Piet van Oostrum <address@hidden>
Private email: address@hidden