Re: does Calendar understand DST rules for past years?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: does Calendar understand DST rules for past years?
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 17:37:14 -0500

Richard Stallman wrote:

> (I see no need to document in the manual the possibility of
> setting calendar-dst-check-each-year-flag to nil.)

OK. Then no, I don't think there is anything that needs to be said in
the manual about DST. Emacs should just Do The Right Thing (provided
the system clock gets it right). Don't think we need to explain in the
manual _how_ it does it.

> Do you see any problem with that solution?
> Any more that needs to be done?

Don't think so. Leaving in the comment about holidays being based on
current practice was good.