Re: convert-standard-filename on w32 does not preserve match-data?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: convert-standard-filename on w32 does not preserve match-data?
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:02:06 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
In thre particular case of convert-standard-filename, I think it would be
wrong to add save-match-data (unless there's a particular reason to do it,
of course), but I agree that it's not worth removing it either.

The code using convert-standard-filename probably already feels a bit overloaded. convert-standard-filename is an "add on" to what one actually tries to do and it is easily left out. Requiring the coder to also add save-match-data seems like an unnecessary burden in this case and I therefore think that convert-standard-filename should call save-match-data internally.