Re: Documenting gpg-agent

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: Documenting gpg-agent
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:08:51 +0100

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>     > Your change takes care of #1 and #3, but doesn't do #2.
>
>     I don't quite understand why do we need to explain how to use
>     gpg-agent.
>
> Because people should NOT have to turn to another manual
> just to learn the basic use of this Emacs feature.
> The simple standard recipe should be given in the Emacs documentation.

I strongly disagree.  gpg-agent is not a emacs feature, but a gnupg
feature, and gnupg is utilized by emacs.  It's not in the scope of the
Emacs manual to teach users everything they need to know to make
sensible use of OpenPGP Mail encryption.  Just as it isn't the duty of
the Emacs manual to tell people about make, only because we have M-x
compile...

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde  :  "The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel
the article, then hire a hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids,