Re: defcustom and the stars.

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: defcustom and the stars.
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:43:14 +0100

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/64677

>> I'm a little confused about that difference between what is a user
>> variable in the doc and what it is regarding user-variable-p.
>
> I'm not sure what doc are you referring to. In the "Defining Global
> Variables" node I see this:

Oh, sorry. I was referring to the Emacs info file, the one I see
intended to users. ELisp reference isn't, IMO, to be consulted by
regular users. And the only reference to user variable in this doc is
for customizable vars (AFAICS).

> Note that you are *not* forced to use defcustom, so "*docstring" is
> still relevant.

I do agree, of course. That wasn't my point.

--
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac     |    Le copillage-collage                |
 |         Epita/LRDE Promo 2007     |       tue le programmeur.              |