Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 50, Issue 7

From: Michael Welsh Duggan
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 50, Issue 7
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 23:33:06 -0500

>     I suggest that at least the above sentence must be removed, as it
>     incorrectly gives the designers of Windows credit for the CUA standard.
>
> Who did design that specification?

>From Wikipedia:

  Common User Access (CUA) is a set of guidelines for the user
  interface to personal computer operating systems and computer
  programs, developed by IBM and first published in 1987 as part of
  their Systems Application Architecture. Used originally in the OS/2
  and Microsoft Windows operating systems, parts of the CUA standard
  are now implemented in programs for other operating systems,
  including variants of Unix. Java AWT and Swing use it as well.

CUA did draw inspiration from Apple's Himan Interface Guidelines.
Interestingly enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_User_Access

--
Michael Welsh Duggan