Re: C file recoginzed as image file

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: C file recoginzed as image file
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 13:23:33 +0100

Jason Rumney wrote:
Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
Even if there are no free image libraries there are image libraries that comes with MS Windows.

If they are not Free, we would not consider using them.

This is about the security of Emacs users on MS Windows. You are suggesting that the principle to not use the libraries that comes with MS Windows as a very important principle. So important that we should not consider using them even if that could make it more safe for the users.

Or am I misunderstanding you? If I am not misunderstanding you should we then perhaps rethink this principle? I do not argue against the principle as such - it is fine. However what do we do in circumstances like these we are actually talking about here?