Re: C file recoginzed as image file

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: C file recoginzed as image file
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:14:44 +0100

On 1/15/07, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

When I looked at image-minor-mode, it wasn't clear to me that you could
avoid any problems by simply delaying display of the image. It looked
like the image was parsed and cached immediately regardless of whether
it was displayed or not.

At least on Windows, it would work. I put OutputDebugString calls in
init_*_functions() from src/image.c, and then, after

 M-: (setq image-type-auto-detectable nil) RET
 C-x C-f image-file-without-extension RET
 M-x image-minor-mode RET

no function from the corresponding image library has been called
(because in fact the image library has not been loaded yet). Only
after C-c C-c does the debug message appear in the output.

                   /L/e/k/t/u