Re: Some change in the past 24 hours broke building on Windows

From: Eric Lilja
Subject: Re: Some change in the past 24 hours broke building on Windows
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 00:30:20 +0100

Jason Rumney wrote:
Eric Lilja wrote:
mingw32-make bootstrap --jobs=2 XMFLAGS="--jobs=2"
mingw32-make install

Today, I tried to do the same, but the build soon ends due to an error. Complete log attached.

Does it help to remove the --jobs=2 and XMFLAGS="--jobs=2"?

If not, it is probably something local to your machine, as I cannot reproduce it here.

I just did another completely fresh checkout and ran the same script with the notable difference of removing --jobs=2 and XMFLAGS="--jobs=2" and I was now able to complete the build process.

About a month ago, a lot of work was put in by Eli Zaretskii to make emacs build on windows with those parameters passed to make and some change just after the third of february broke it, it seems. I've been using the script in my OP several times recently, but yesterday it stopped working.

- Eric