Re: Image mode

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Image mode
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 19:35:02 +0100

> What happened is that it required more code and no one offered to implement

How about this patch?

It brings up the prompt when the image autodetection clashes with
auto-mode-alist, and restores the old image-mode behavior for all
other cases.

I like it.

I took one of my by now infamous .thm files (which is really a JPEG
image) and tried to open it with `find-file'. Named with a .thm
extension Emacs displayed the image without warning me (I have nothing
in my `auto-mode-alist' that matches thm-files). Renamed as "muu.txt"
Emacs asked me:

The contents of the file muu.txt indicate that it is a jpeg image file.
 However, it could also be opened in text-mode.
 Open muu.txt as an image file? (yes or no)

yes => displays file as an image
no => displays file as text

Works for me.