Re: Image mode

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Image mode
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 09:19:47 +0000

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
4) Start in C mode, image-minor-mode and not display the image
7) Start in C mode and bypass image mode (major and minor)

Too me 7 looks safest. Maybe 4, but I believe a hint about how to view the image would be better.

You do get a hint in case 4 (which is what we do currently).

As Emacs is primarily a text editor, not an image viewer, I don't think that the extra step for viewing an image we have now is as bad as some people are making out.

Lets get on with the release and if people feel strongly enough, redesign things properly after 22.1 is out the door.