Re: NT icons

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: NT icons
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 13:09:29 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 02:23:55 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>     Since the chances of any infringing code showing up is so small, I
>     suggest leaving the remainder of the copyright audit till after the
>     Emacs 22 release.  It should not hold the release.
>
> This issue is very important, and I will do it right.  Most of it is
> done already, though, so I'm sure you can wait for the rest.

While I agree that the copyright issue is very important, I can hardly
see the point in delaying the release on behalf of old files that were
introduced before the release of Emacs 21.  The chances of having any
file there for which we don't have copyright assignments is an
absolute nil, because we went through the same painstaking process in
preparation for Emacs 21.1.  All we will find now is files whose
copyright was not documented in READMEs, or whose copyright record was
lost due to renaming or human mistakes, that's all.  This kind of
cleanup can be done in parallel with releasing Emacs 22.1.

Do we have copyright problems with files added after Emacs 21 was
released?  If not, let's not delay the release of Emacs 22.