Re: Indentation of constants in LISP

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Indentation of constants in LISP
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:44:38 -0500

These problems show that the patch that was installed is no good in
its current form.  We have to revert the change, it unless these
problems are fixed quickly.

However, the idea may still be a good one if it is implemented differently.

        (prog2
         :y
         z)

That doesn't seem like a real case.

        (defcustom var :val
                       :group foo)

The special case check for the second line of a def... form
should override this special case check.

        (foo :a b :c d
                  :e f)

That is a bug, but I tend to think it can be fixed locally.

        (foo a :b c
               :e f)

Likewise.  Perhaps the check for a previous keyword should look at
most 2 args back.  Then it would reject this case.