Re: Default of jit-lock-stealth-time

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Default of jit-lock-stealth-time
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:26:25 +0100

On 2/26/07, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

I don't have an opinion about the setting of the variable, but FWIW
I'm in Andreas' boat: I have it at default value, and I've never
noticed any ill effect.

This is particularly noticeable if the noise level of your system
depends on the CPU load (like increased fan usage).

Would you be likely to notice this on your system?

Not at work's machine, but definitely on my home's laptop. And I
didn't notice it (not that it didn't happen, but if it *did* happen it
wasn't much of an issue).

Perhaps a better metric would be: do you always have lots of buffers?
I don't. Most of the time I have perhaps two or three (non-special)
buffers open. I tend to quickly close any buffer I'm not working on.

            Juanma