Re: address@hidden: (push-mark N t t) doesn't activate region in virgin

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: address@hidden: (push-mark N t t) doesn't activate region in virgin buffer]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:43:44 +0100

"Stuart D. Herring" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not sure what the right fix is: it might be best to let-bind
> `deactivate-mark' around `prin1' or so, or else to improve the command
> loop in general to notice that buffer modifications in one place (e.g.,
> the echo area) should not affect the mark in other places.  Thoughts?

See this thread:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2002-09/msg00883.html

  Re: [cvs] bug when using pc-selection-mode/transient-mark-mode
  From: Richard Stallman
  Subject: Re: [cvs] bug when using pc-selection-mode/transient-mark-mode
  Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:00:05 -0400

      So maybe we should not make it [deactivate-mark] buffer-local but
      instead make it hold a list of buffers whose mark should be
      deactivated.

  That seems like a good idea.