Re: Move etc/future-bug into etc/JOKES ??

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Move etc/future-bug into etc/JOKES ??
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:14:58 +0100

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2/28/07, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> They are both jokes/humor related to Emacs
>
> The point is, the content of JOKES is understandable and potentially
> funny for anyone (at least, anyone geek enough). A great deal of
> DEVEL.HUMOR is not very funny

Actually, I find the stuff in DEVEL.HUMOR is a good deal more funny
than what's in JOKES.  And some of it has _very funny_ on its own.

>                               unless you happen to closely follow
> emacs-devel; take Handa-san's wonderful rendition of "Imagine" against
> unibyte, for example, or Stefan's joke about the "u"s in colour,
> behaviour, etc. (which he deadpaned just when I was homogenizing
> spelling all across the sources).

Why do you say those are "not very funny" unless you closely follow
emacs-devel?   I think they are fun on their own.

> Now that I think of it, I'm a bit surprised I didn't put the file
> under admin/ :)

Showing to people that it can be fun to follow emacs-devel is a good
thing. "admin" doesn't sound like a fun place to look :-)

Do we include it in the tarball?