RE: Move etc/future-bug into etc/JOKES ??

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Move etc/future-bug into etc/JOKES ??
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:56:20 -0800

> > ... is not the same as providing help about Emacs.
>
> the C-h prefix is used as short-cuts to view the files in etc/, so
> it is not that far off...

Presumably, that is because that info is thought to help users use Emacs.

In any case, the line needs to be drawn somewhere. I would draw it by
calling for a case-by-case judgement whether a candidate feature provides
user help or not. In this case, I'd say no.

If C-h gets diluted too much, it won't stand for "help" - that's what I'd
like to avoid. That there might already be some dilution of focus is not a
good argument for further dilution.

My second argument was to be conservative about binding stuff to C-h, in
order to reserve slots for the future.

Others might feel differently, of course.