Re: --with-gtk as default?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: --with-gtk as default?
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 00:40:13 -0700

Richard Stallman wrote:
It wasn't. Emacs still does not build with the latest Microsoft compiler. The solution is to use static libraries rather than dynamic, but the multithreaded static library was missing some functions we need, and the singlethreaded static library, which is what we use with earlier versions of the Microsoft compiler, has been removed from the latest release.

What do you recommend we do now?  Should we simply say, "Microsoft's
compiler is broken, so use GCC"?

"Emacs is not forward-compatible with the Microsoft C Standard".

Freedom to innovate,

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA