Re: Help: build emacs in cygwin

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: Help: build emacs in cygwin
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 22:49:35 -0800

    >> Uh oh.  I suggested that only because nt/INSTALL says
    >>
    >> (If you are building from CVS, say "make bootstrap" or "nmake
    >> bootstrap" instead, and avoid using Cygwin make.)

    Eli> nt/INSTALL does not cover the Cygwin build, it only covers
    Eli> the native Windows builds.

Ah, I think we misunderstood each other, which is actually good: _I_
was referring to building a native Windows version of Emacs, _using_
the Cygwin tools (in particular, Cygwin gcc).  I've found that works
fine, as long as I don't use Cygwin's "make".

--
I shrivel inside each time [Star Wars] is mentioned.
        -- Sir Alec Guinness