Re: A new(?) warning of erase-buffer, which was not seen before.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: A new(?) warning of erase-buffer, which was not seen before.
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:50:42 -0400

    After tinkering with new emacs, here is my suggestion for a slight
improvement
    for the particular warning message.

    AT the end (that is,
    after "You can disable the popping up of this buffer by adding the entry
    (undo discard-info) to the user option `warning-suppress-types'."),
    we might want to add something like the following (as rms suggested):

    "
    If you know what you are doing, and you don't want the buffer
    to collect undo information which uses memory internally,
    do M-x buffer-disable-undo,  or (setq buffer-undo-list t)."

Actually, we want people to tell us where they get these messages,
so that we can learn about Emacs modes and facilities
where we ought to turn off undo.

So if we add something like this, we should add something urging
people to send a bug report if they get such a message from any
mode or facility built into Emacs.