Re: Menubar on text only terminals

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Menubar on text only terminals
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 09:36:22 +1200

 >     I can make a menu item work like a toolbar icon on a text only terminal
 >     with the following:
 >
 > I don't entirely understand what that means.

One mouse click on a menu item is sufficient to perform the underlying function
(before my change on 2007-03-30 a mouse click popped up a completions list).
This is just how the toolbar functions.

 >     This probably isn't for the release, but I think toolbar functionality
 >     maps better onto text only terminals than the menubar because there are
 >     no pull down menus to worry about.
 >
 > I am really lost there.

With tmm, sub-menus have to be navigated through completions lists, which some
find inconvenient.  Toolbars don't have that extra complexity.  I'm just
trying to say that toolbars and text terminals (with use of the mouse) are a
more natural fit.