Re: address@hidden: Locale Dependent Downcasing in smtpmail]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Locale Dependent Downcasing in smtpmail]
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:40:23 -0400

    I wonder if there's a better way to do this.  Maybe we can define an
    ascii case table that doesn't get overwritten by the locale; then code
    like the above can bind to this case table temporarily (or we can
    define a downcase-ascii function that does such a thing).

That seems like a good approach.  It should be just as simple as the hack
that is proposed, and much faster.  (I do not know whether the speed of that
code matters.)