Re: display-completion-list should not strip text properties

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: display-completion-list should not strip text properties
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 21:15:31 -0400

Nick Roberts wrote:

> But when I asked what the plan was if Kevin Rodgers doesn't assign
> copyright for his changes, which seems a distinct possibility (we
> just don't know why), that's just what you did -- ignored it.

The plan would be to remove all his contributions.

Where some essential functionality goes, I imagine the person doing
the removing would have to describe what the removed code did in
general terms, then someone else would have to re-implement it
independently. Annoying, but not insurmountable.

I wish KR would just tell us if he is unable to assign copyright, or
if it is going to take a long time to do so (I can imagine some
employment situations causing either of these scenarios). Then we
could get on with plan B.