Please increase default value of message-log-max

From: Jason Spiro
Subject: Please increase default value of message-log-max
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 19:16:47 -0400

Hi all,

The default value of message-log-max in my 6-month-old Emacs snapshot
is 50.  This is not enough to hold all the messages Emacs emits at
startup on my PC.  Could you please bump the default for
message-log-max to a larger value so that nobody will ever have to
change the variable name?  I suggest 1024 or preferably even 8192,
since RAM is cheap and I can't think of any loss-of-privacy issues
this would cause.

Also, if you implemented this change, perhaps Elisp programmers would
start logging more information to *Messages*, which I think would be
handy when troubleshooting.

Regards,
Jason Spiro <address@hidden>

--
Jason Spiro: computer consulting with a smile.
I provide software development and training services to clients worldwide.