Re: Kevin Rodgers changes

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: Kevin Rodgers changes
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:33:20 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>>> No, people were arguing that we should find a way (like this one)
>>> to solve this problem without waiting indefinitely.
>>
>> Maybe some people were, but I remember messages demanding
>> specifically that I make a release without fixing the problem.
>
> I don't think anyone has ever suggested that.

    The main purpose of copyright assignment is intended to
    ensure the FSF is able to enforce of the GPL for
    Emacs---which is definitely doable given that everyone
    else has assigned copyright.  Given this, and the fact
    that we have already made an effort to secure a
    copyright assignment from him, why not release Emacs 22
    while we continue to pursue copyright assignment?

That's pretty far from a `demand',
but it's definitely a `suggestion'.

So you are both equally right. :-)

--