Re: Top posting related changes in the cvs

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Top posting related changes in the cvs
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:49:52 +0200

On Mon, Apr 09 2007, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

>>         * gnus-msg.el (gnus-inews-yank-articles):
>>         Fix bug: Make sure point is at eob after yanking.
>
>> probably all callers of `message-yank-original' should be checked.
>> does that give good results?
>
> I think the recent change in `message-yank-original' and this
> fix are the right solutions for Gnus v5.11.
[...]
> [6. patch for Gnus v5.11 --- text/plain; patch-for-Gnus-v5_11.txt]

I'm not sure if I understand correctly.  Are you saying we need this
patch in addition to the current code in Emacs (i.e. Gnus v5.11;
lisp/gnus/message.el rev. 1.117)?

If so, we should install it ASAP so that it gets more testing before
and during the next (final?) pretest.

Are you sure about the use of `(insert ?\n)' vs. `(newline)',
i.e. soft or hard newline?  (I'm not sure; that's why I ask. :-))

,----[ <f1> f newline RET ]
| newline is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `simple'.
| It is bound to RET.
| (newline &optional arg)
|
| Insert a newline, and move to left margin of the new line if it's blank.
| If `use-hard-newlines' is non-nil, the newline is marked with the
| text-property `hard'.
| With arg, insert that many newlines.
| Call `auto-fill-function' if the current column number is greater
| than the value of `fill-column' and arg is nil.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,