Re: address@hidden: display-pixel behavior changed on Mac OS X]

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: address@hidden: display-pixel behavior changed on Mac OS X]
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:29:35 +0900

> Would someone please update the documentation string of
> x-display-pixel-width, and the Emacs Lisp Reference Manual?

Something like "When the screen spans multiple monitors, the function
returns the width (height) of the whole screen"?  It looks a bit
superfluous to me.

The current documentation string of x-display-pixel-width:

  Returns the width in pixels of the X display DISPLAY.
  The optional argument DISPLAY specifies which display to ask about.
  DISPLAY should be either a frame or a display name (a string).
  If omitted or nil, that stands for the selected frame's display.

The documentation string of display-pixel-width:

  Return the width of DISPLAY's screen in pixels.
  For character terminals, each character counts as a single pixel.

The Emacs Lisp Reference Manual:

 -- Function: display-pixel-width &optional display
     This function returns the width of the screen in pixels.  On a
     character terminal, it gives the width in characters.

> What about x-display-pixel-height?  Was it changed in a similar way?

For Mac OS, yes.  I'm not sure how the W32 port work on such settings.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden