Re: Manual licenses

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Manual licenses
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 15:01:09 -0400

Each manual should contain a copy of the GFDL, because we want them
to be separately distributable.

Can people please work on that, and the other points below?

But not this one:

      But now I wonder if the
    GPL should be part of the individual manuals?

Including the GPL in any given manual is entirely optional.

    A few other things I noticed, which may or may not be worth noting.
    Several manuals have old dates on the cover page.  (Calc does, but I'm
    going to remove that.)
    The ERC manual is under the GFDL, but doesn't give a pointer to
    a copy if it in the copyright notice.
    A couple of manuals (dired-x, the faq) aren't under the GFDL.
    A couple of manuals (flymake, newsticker) don't have an "@insertcopying"
    line in the title page, so the copyright doesn't appear when they're
    processed.  (I'd say the same about widget, but that doesn't have a
    title page.)
    A couple of manuals (pgg, url) have copyright notices which mention
    that the GFDL is included as a section, but it isn't.

Thank you for noticing these points.  We need to fix them all
before the release.