Re: Emacs manual mentioning thumbs mode but not tumme

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Emacs manual mentioning thumbs mode but not tumme
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:36:35 +0200

> don't think they were very good ones. The name, for example, could be
> changed. We could have an alias called `thumbs' which would call

That would be a good idea.

BTW, I'm curious, is there something offending by the word "tumme"? I
made a quick google search and could not find anything special. I
agree that "thumbs" is better, of course, or at least easier to
find/guess.

I'll give you an example: I, personally, prefer the way tumme handles
the images when the size is bigger than the display buffer, it fits
the image to the buffer size.  thumbs is displaying the image in the
original resolution, I'm damn sure that there are users out there who
would prefer it the thumbs' way.

Then they could use C-u RET instead of just RET :)

But then: So are your arguments for removing the packages 8-).
thumbs.el is small and therefore would not eat lots of resources (I
guess).

I'm not very concerned about disk space, I was mostly thinking about
maintenace resources, but I won't argue about that anymore as we
clearly have different opinions.

/Mathias