Possible make-package bug

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Possible make-package bug
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:16:47 +0800

I observed a problem last night.

As usual, I build from cvs source under MacOSX (10.4.9 PPC) with:
./make-package --self-contained
under mac subdir.

I run it by clicking Emacs.app icon, and went to splash screen. I
noticed copyright line as:

,----
| Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
`----

which seemed wrong to me.

For testing purpose, I did:
./configure --enable-carbon-app
make bootstrap
sudo make install

In splash screen it shows right as:
,----
| Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
`----

Since copyright year comes from startup.el, I guess startup.elc is not
recreated by make-package, and old startup.elc is used (uptil yesterday
I have always built Emacs thru make-package). And I guess it may be the
same case for other files.

I use Emacs unicode-2 branch, but I trust it's the same case for CVS HEAD.