Re: paragraph fill and arguments

From: Yohann Pitrey
Subject: Re: paragraph fill and arguments
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:03:10 +0200

Thanks for your answers, but i'm sorry, none of them seems to work.

first, I tried to write :

(defun justify ()
        (command-execute 'mark-paragraph)
        (command-execute 'fill-region-as-paragraph)
)

second, as it didn't work (same error message), i tried this one :

(defun justify ()
  (interactive)
  (mark-paragraph)
  (fill-region-as-paragraph (point) (mark))
)

and no more did it work.

any idea? i admit i am completely lost!

Stefan Monnier a écrit :
I a m trying to make my own fill paragraph command, which i want to be an
equivalent of :

'M-x mark-paragraph'
and then
'M-x fill-region-as-paragraph'

These are equivalent to

    (command-execute 'mark-paragraph)
and
    (command-execute 'fill-region-as-paragraph)

The `command-execute' function uses the `interactive' form inside the
command to build a list of arguments and then calls the function with
those arguments.

      (defun justify ()
         (interactive)
         (mark-paragraph)
         (fill-region-as-paragraph))

Here on the other hand, you directly call those commands as function, so if
you want to use this form, you need to pass them arguments "manually".

        Stefan