Re: REDO ?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: REDO ?
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:57:49 -0400

> What do you think about inserting a redo command for the next version ? (23)
> For me it could be very useful.

Yes, it's pretty much on my todo list.  Note that we already have "redo",
just not as a command.  The current way to do "redo" is to use the command
"undo".  The only difference is that if the last modification was not an
"undo" the undo command will not fail (as "redo" would) but will simply undo
instead.  Also if the last command was an "undo", the undo command will keep
undoing instead of doing a "redo" (i.e. undoing the last undo).

> Also, every time when we press undo or redo, to see (optionally) in the
> minibuffer the current change in yank kill, and the previous, and
> the next.

I do not understand.

        Stefan