Re: Make button face appear magenta on a Linux console

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Make button face appear magenta on a Linux console
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:43:46 +1200

 > > OK, how about giving button face a magenta foreground directly then?
 > > Is it possible to specify the console and not an xterm in defface,
 > > i.e, not using min-colors?
 >
 > I made it blue, same as ms-dos uses. Change it to magenta if you feel
 > passionate about it.

Well, it doesn't really go with my tie... No, actually it's not quite what I
was looking for because it loses underline when available.

I've changed it to inherit from link on a tty.  This means:

1) It's the same as your change on a Linux console (cyan).
2) X based terminals with underline still display links with an underline.
3) X based terminals now generally display links in blue.  I recall that some
   people didn't like this when links were dense, but this is only on a
   terminal and their apperance on a graphical display is unchanged.