Re: Bug in change in button.el?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Bug in change in button.el?
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 00:30:44 +0200

Nick Roberts wrote:
 > > Do you mean the change to inherit from `link'?
 > > I thought we did not want buttons to look just like links.
 > > Also, what the definition of `link' does is use color and underlining
 > > together, although each one of them works only when supported.
> > Then I guess this change is better. The (type pc) test can be removed
 > if MS-DOS correctly answers the (supports) question.

But this seems a bit tortuous.  If we want to do this, button might as well
just inherit from the underline face.

The default button usage is AFAICS a link. Then it seems natural to me that the default face for button is link.

We discussed that before, but I think it was deemed "to close to the release" (though I do not remember the reason for sure any more). However if any change is going to be made now I propose what I said above.