Re: man page not found

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: man page not found
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 15:39:17 +0200

> Your patch is not bad, but it might be better to fix the code
> that checks for a link.  After all, there are lots of ways
> to move point to the end of the buffer, and if it looks like
> there should be a link there, why not make it work as a link?

Well, the link here is, on a GNU system at least, the concatenation of
the name of the program with its section. Problem is, the program name
is not always the name of the man page. For instance, zsh uses ZSH as
program name.

In the GNU man point-of-view, I'm pretty sure this is not meant to be
a link but a reminder, so we should not use it as such.

The only « other » fix I see is to change this link (detected as the one
in the footer) to alway point to the current page. However, I don't see
the use.

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  Une erreur peut devenir exacte        |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |     selon que celui qui l'a commise    |