Re: Reordering etc/NEWS

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Reordering etc/NEWS
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 20:43:21 +0300

> Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:09:07 +0200
> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> image.c, for example, which I would consider a core area, was not even
> listed on MAINTAINERS. However, Kim Storm and others have invested a
> considerable amount of time on it.

Kim was here when MAINTAINERS was created, so having him with us now
does not show any increase in the number of core maintainers.

> The MacOS port is assigned (so to speak) to Steven Tamm, but
> Yamamoto Mitsuharu has done huge amounts of work. Etc, etc.

Working on a file does not necessarily mean one knows it well enough
to assume responsibility.  Until people write their names near the
files that they are willing to take responsibility for, we cannot be
sure.