Re: crash: x_error_quitter

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: crash: x_error_quitter
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 12:47:49 -0400

    this just happens every now and then, a couple of times a month.

The only way I know of to debug this sort of thing is to do
(x-synchronize t).  Then when it crashes, it will crash inside the
primitive that is actually responsable for the problem, rather than
in whatever unrelated operation happens to come later.

If you do this all the time, then the next crash will give useful
debugging info.

Unfortunately, it will also run somewhat slower.  I don't know how
much slower.  You can try it and see if it is painful.