Re: Merging multitty

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Merging multitty
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 12:48:01 -0400

    Fixing multi-tty on Windows and other platforms does not really need any
    platform API experience: it's mostly a matter of understanding C
    compiler error messages and changing references to previously global C
    variables to their new terminal-local places (accessible via a frame
    handle).  If the code compiles successfully, it will likely work.

Let's install this code in a branch in the Emacs repository
immediately.  That way, other people with write access to our
repository can work on making it compile on other systems.

    Yes.  If you guys decide to merge the Unicode branch first, I'll simply
    devote a weekend to resolve merge conflicts and continue syncing with
    the trunk as long as necessary.

In that case, I agree we may as well merge the unicode-2 branch first.

Thank you for your continued help.