Re: Merging multitty

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Merging multitty
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 13:21:06 +0900

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
>  > > In that case, where would the log for each file's multi-tty related
>  > > changes be, and would you be able to access them from CVS?
>  >
>  > The multi-tty branch has never been in CVS (anywhere), so you'll have to
>  > use arch to see historical log entries.
>
> You've not answered the first part of my question.  It's not clear to me that
> the logs will be in the Emacs repository at Savannah at all, arch or
> otherwise.

Which logs, exactly, are you talking about?

The savannah arch branch will contain all the information the original
non-savannah branch, including commit logs (commit logs are essentially
part of the tree in arch).  However these are not per-file logs (arch,
as is typical for modern revision control systems, has no such thing),
but rather per-changeset logs.

These will _not_ be put into the CVS logs when the merge into CVS is
done (that is exactly what Richard asked me not to do).

However, it might make sense to put them into a file in the tree for
non-arch users to peruse.  [There is a command which produces a
ChangeLog-like single-file representation of the commit logs, so it's
quite easy to do so.]

-Miles

--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."