Re: C-h k problem for F2 (and something about -geometry and -Q)

From: Eric Lilja
Subject: Re: C-h k problem for F2 (and something about -geometry and -Q)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 17:30:30 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: Eric Lilja <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 00:08:34 +0200

Hello, using the following emacs:
GNU Emacs 22.0.99.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-04-24 on MINDCOOLER

Starting emacs with:
$ emacs -Q

Well, actually, emacs in my system is an alias:
alias emacs='emacs -geometry 125x70+0+0'
but when I give it -Q something happens to the geometry parameter because the window has the proper width but is too large vertically. Larger than what fits on my 1280*1024 LCD.

I cannot reproduce this, but I tried with 125x30+0+0, as my monitor is
too small for 70-lines frame.  Does it work for you with other
geometry parameters, or is the size wrong no matter what geometry you
use?

False alarm, it seems, I forgot I had a font setting in my .emacs. With that font and that geometry setting I get a 68 lines frame window and the emacs covers the entire screen vertically, excluding the start bar (which is what I want). I guess the default font is a bit bigger so when I request 70 lines worth I get a window that is too large vertically for my resolution.

Also, what version of Windows is that?  Mine is XP SP2.

Same.

- Eric